Monday, December 7, 2009

Another One Bites the Dust

Oh Jesus Christ, I just read my first post. Why do I always feel like what I write is horrible? Well not necessarily horrible, but I feel like the message I'm trying to convey never really does, which is quite frustrating. But according to my English teacher that's normal in a writer. Anywhoozzle, talking about school... I'm fucking done with it. Yes, yes, yes. I know it's a long process, and in the end it'll pay off, and all that good shit. But really, it just makes me really very unhappy knowing I have to return to class the next day. And it's not even about the class being hard or anything of that sort, it's just the fact that without a stupid College degree we are nothing. Its the fact that we are constantly getting fucked hard, in the ass, by the system. Four years of your life, wasted. After those four years you get your degree, and realize you're broke, still jobless, and alone. Probably after that will come a few months of bumming around until you find a somewhat decent job, which by the way probably doesn't involve your College degree or if you're really lucky, it won't even need a College degree at all.

There's probably very little we can do about this fact. That's just the way it is. But it's things like this that make me wonder. Is it really worth it? Fitting in, and being part of this whole circus. Lately, the thought of dropping out has been going through my mind. I've told my friends and of course their instant reaction is that of "What the fuck are you saying?" or "Are you high? No wait, you ARE high!" It's just that I feel that life is meant to be enjoyed (since I don't believe in an afterlife). It's your only chance to do whatever you want to do. And do you really wanna spend your whole life wasting your chances to really take advantage of what could've been?

No comments:

Post a Comment