Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Rhetorical Conversation: Hypotheticals

What if we breathed water instead of air, we'd be like fish. What if I could never stop eating? Will my insides fill up with food and explode eventually? Will I be able to digest the food fast enough to keep up with the amount of food that is being put inside my body? What if I have ADD because I just stopped writing this article, opened another tab, started a new blog post, saved it and came back to this one? Are people with ADD aware that they have ADD? Can you only have ADD if you're aware of the concept of 'ADD'? What if people with ADD aren't really sick, but are just different? What if I hadn't ran out of cookies? I'd still be eating. What if I ran out of documentaries to watch? What if I have an eating disorder? Is eating too much an eating disorder? What if no one believed anything I say? Am I 'addicted to' something only if others tell me I am? The only thing that matters is what things feel like, because that's the only thing that we can be sure of. A thing isn't intrinsically a thing, it is a thing until someone calls it a thing. Pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment